Angela: Asgard's Assassin, Annihilator, Antonio Campo, Birthright, BOOM!, Brian K. Vaughan, Brian Michael Bendis, Chris Burnham, Cullen Bunn, Dark Horse, David Lapham, DC Comics, Detective Comics, East of West, Ed Brubaker, Feathers, Fiona Staples, Frazer Irving, G.I. Joe, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Hawkeye, Hellboy and the B.P.R.D., IDW, Image, Imperium, James RIch, Jason Aaron, Joelle Jones, John Cassaday, John Romita Jr., Jonathan Hickman, Joshua Dysart, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Joshua Williamson, Kieron Gillen, Lady Killer, Marguerite Bennett, Marvel, Matt Fraction, Michael Avon Oeming, Miracleman, Nameless, Nick Dragotta, Robert Venditti, Saga, Sheltered, Star Wars, Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses, Superman, The Bunker, The Sixth Gun: Days of the Dead, The United States of Murder Inc., Valiant, Velvet, X-O Manowar
Nothing beats a deep freeze like a bag of sizzling hot comics! Right?
Of course not. The deep freeze doesn’t give a sleet how hot the books are.
Still worth the risk, though, of jumping into the ol’ snowmobile and maybe–quite possibly–most assuredly–running off the road, ramming into another road warrior, and/or crashing right through the façade of your favorite comic shop.
Whoa, wait: I may have something here: a drive thru comic shop…
Somebody get on that.
- Hellboy & The B.P.R.D. #3 (Dark Horse)
- Lady Killer #2 (Dark Horse) I&N Demand I tweeted this out about a perfectly executed #1 because I had to:
Very much looking forward to this one.
- Detective Comics #39 (DC)
- Superman #38 (DC) I&N Demand New costume? Thank God. New power? Say what? It’s as bright as day: Johns and JRJ have been like twin yellow suns re-energizing the Last Son of Krypton; so I’m down with whatever it is they want to do.
- G.I. Joe #5 (IDW)
- Birthright #5 (Image)
- East of West #17 (Image) I&N Demand Everything about East of West has been great. Hickman went bigger with this world of his, and he’s owned it–like a mad god suffering from significant stretches of lucidity.
- Nameless #1 (Image) Just I&N Grant Morrison. Chris Burnham. See: not so nameless after all.
- Saga #25 (Image)
- Sheltered #14 (Image)
- Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #1 (Image) I&N Demand The follow-up to the killer Killers arc. Didn’t read Killers? Haven’t been hit by any Stray Bullets at all? Consider this a jumping on point–one that’ll inspire you to jump backward into the satisfyingly-uncomfortable line of fire; into a shotgun blast of expertly-wielded ambiguity. Pull the trigger, you son of a gun! Give Sunshine and Roses a shot!
- Velvet #9 (Image)
- Angela: Asgard’s Assassin #3 (Marvel)
- Hawkeye #21 (Marvel)
- Miracleman #15 (Marvel)
- Star Wars #2 (Marvel)
- The United States of Murder #6 (Marvel/Icon)
- Annihilator #5 (Legendary) I&N Demand Lots of lovely layers here. Meta magic courtesy of Mr. Morrison. Looks great, too, thanks to the digitally dreamy artwork of Frazer Irving.
- The Bunker #9 (Oni)
- Feathers #2 (BOOM!)
- Imperium #1 (Valiant)
- The Sixth Gun: Days of the Dead #5 (Oni)
- X-O Manowar #33 (Valiant)
What? No Wytches? Risking stitches: didn’t care for it. Tried. Couldn’t. I blame the tone problems rooted in #1. Can’t unsee needless tirades, right?
What are you looking forward to this week?