Things are looking up. Don’t believe me? Look down.
May Will Be’s
- Dial H #12 (DC): WTF, indeed! A return to early form with some seriously convoluted explanations. Was cute then. Not so cute now. Despite that, still intriguing and inventive–and the only DC book left on my pull-list. I mean, look at this cover for crying out loud!
- Animal Man #20 (DC): After a few duds, Buddy’s singing for his supper–or at least for his place at my ever-shrinking dinner table. Maybe—just maybe–with the Rot in the rear view mirror, Jeff Lemire will be able to return to his wheelhouse.
- Green Arrow #20 (DC): Hey! A double-shot of Lemire! Not as exciting as a double-shot of Ennis–or even Hickman at this point–if I’m being honest. He’s kept me around, however, by making the Green Arrow/Kimodo conflict not unlike the classic Daredevil/Bullseye rivalry that I love so much. He’s also made me feel uncomfortable–terribly so a times–with the insinuation of Kimodo’s effervescently violent daughter. It takes a lot to affect me like that; so, this issue’s earned my attention.
- All-New X-Men #11 (Marvel): Hope it’s a better date than its little sister. Yeah, Uncanny #5 didn’t do it for me.
- Indestructible Hulk #7 (Marvel): Attuma was enough of a drag. #6 was like hitting the brakes as hard and as unexpectedly as can be. Waid gets a long leash, but sheesh! I get it’s Simonson doing Thor. But here? Now? Ugh.
- Harbinger Wars #2 (Valiant): So far, so good.
- Shadowman #0 (Valiant): Surprisingly good month after month.
Comic Day Decisions
- Mister X: Eviction #1 (Dark Horse): Picked up the recent One-Shot. Liked it enough to put this on the radar. Dean Motter’s work is certainly worth a look–probably even a read.
- Movement #1 (DC): I’ll thumb through it–if only because it’s a #1 and because Gail Simone’s attached to it.
- Ten Grand #1 (Image): J. Michael Straczynski is always worth a shot. When he’s on, he’s as solid as they come.
- Hawkeye #10 (Marvel): I’ve still got to get through Vol. 1. May be worth jumping on the monthly bandwagon. May make more sense to wait for the next trade. We’ll see.
- Winter Soldier #18 (Marvel): Kicked it off the pull-list a few months back but have been picking it up nevertheless. Was digging it up until the last issue. May choose to ride out the arc. May decide to just cut the cord now.
- Black Bat #1 (Dynamite): Will judge this one on the art. If it grabs me, I’ll grab it. Brian Boucellato’s work on The Flash wasn’t strong enough to make this a must have.
- Suicide Risk #1 (BOOM!): Mike Carey’s name, however, is enough here. I liked Lucifer back in the day and enjoyed what I’ve read of The Unwritten.
I may leave the store with no more than ten books.
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?