Bill Sienkiewicz, Brian Michael Bendis, Bullseye, Colder, comics, Daredevil: End of Days, Dark Horse, Dave Stewart, David Mack, DC, Ed Brubaker, Fatale, Fury: My War Gone By, Garth Ennis, Goran Parlov, Image, Jeff Lemire, Juan Ferreyra, Justice League Dark, Klaus Janson, Marvel, Mikel Janin, Miles Morales, Paul Tobin, Ray Fawkes, Sara Pichelli, Sean Phillips, Ultimate Spider-Man, Venom, Wednesday, Zatanna
It’s a classic story: Boy gets bag. Boy looks into bag. Boy finds all the books he was hoping to find. Boy closes bag. Boy opens wallet.
B to the A to the G
- Colder #3 (Another gorgeous cover from Juan Ferreyra. And just underneath, a little hide and seek with Nimble Jack. I’ve been starving for this one, so it’ll be my primo for the evening. I mean, why wait?)
- Fatale #11 (Gosh, I don’t think I’ve given enough credit to the colorist, Dave Stewart. Friggin’ brilliant. He’s just as much a part of setting the tone for this Top Ten book as the superstars whose names adorn the cover.)
- Fury: My War Gone By #8 (Kicks off with a killer splash and a deadly hook: “You should have killed the little boy.” Best first page of the year–so far, anyway.)
- Justice League Dark #15 (Janin’s back and, thoughtful as always, brought a lot of Zatanna with him. And, umm, Lemire’s got a co-writer: one Ray Fawkes. I hope that doesn’t Fawke up the flow.)
- Ultimate Spider-Man #19 (I just don’t care about Venom. Thumbed through. Still don’t care about Venom. Potential saving grace: more Miles than Spidey-Miles.)
- Daredevil: End of Days #4 (The promise of Bullseye is enough for me.)
Not a bad batch. Might as well get to it.
What did you get in your bag today?