Action Comics, Adventure Time, Amazing Spider-Man, Animal Man, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brian Azzarello, Brian Michael Bendis, China Mieville, Colder, Comedian, Dan Slott, Daniel Way, Daredevil: End of Days, David Lapham, David Mack, Dial H, Elektra, Frank Castle, Fury Max, Garth Ennis, Goran Parlov, Grant Morrison, Humberto Ramos, Jeff Lemire, Juan Ferreyra, Klaus Janson, Marco Rudy, Paul Tobin, Rags Morales, Scott Snyder, Steve Dillon, Steve Pugh, Swamp Thing, Thunderbolts
I’m proud of myself. So very, very proud of myself–mainly for what I didn’t leave with. That, of course, doesn’t mean I got all of the books I wanted. Here’s the super skinny:
The Gift of Bag
- Action Comics #15
- Animal Man #15
- Dial H #7 (Looks like Lapham’s still on art duties. Nothing wrong with that–especially after last month’s home run. I thumbed through it and found some serious smile material. Oh, Mr. Mieville, what pray-tell are you on?)
- Swamp Thing #15 (Marco Rudy’s layouts look crazy! I wonder how well they carry the story.)
- Comedian #4 (Ugh. Looks like it survived the pull list purge. There’s a $4 oops.)
- Fury Max #7 (Ennis shows ’em–including Azzarello on Comedian–how it’s done.)
- Daredevil: End of Days #3 (Worth the purch–if only for the spread across pages 2-3. I’m such a slut for Elektra.)
- Thunderbolts #1 (See previous comment. Plus, I told Derek I’d probably buy it if, while thumbing through, I came to find Elektra stabbing someone in the face with her sai. How about in the back of the head and out the forehead? How about–on the same page as the aforementioned skewering–through one temple and out the other? Close enough!)
- Adventure Time #10 (Derek really liked it, and, fortunately, my guy still had a copy sittin’ on the shelf. Looks like a lot of fun.)
I missed Amazing Spider-Man #699 (sold out–already!), Colder #2 (none ordered for the shelf), and Secret Service #6 (possible non-ship?). You know what that means: Fourth World here I come! (It’s becoming a weekly thing. Yikes!)
Oh, yeah: I passed on Avengers #1 and All-New X-Men #3. Go me!
What did you get in your bag?