Image has been killing it of late. As a result, my What’s Up? list has been growing like something that grows a whole lot really, really fast–and its caretaker, the list maker, is not ready to accommodate its unexpectedly freakish size either time- or dollar-wise. Don’t tell Derek, but it doesn’t help that this week Marvel’s dropping a NOW! bomb of sophomore issues for a slew of titles–many of which I’ve been scoring on the sly.
- Batwoman #15: More beautiful than any book deserves to be.
- Wonder Woman #15: Not as much of a sure thing as it had been, but still a pull-list must.
- X-O Manowar #8: Things are finally picking up with Ninjak. Look out MI-6!
- Harbinger #7: #6 was so very good.
- Comeback #2: I really liked the first issue.
- Nowhere Men #2: Ditto. Big friggin’ ditto.
Nowhere Men #2 Cover
- Daredevil #21: The Coyote climax!
- Ultimate Spider-Man #18: Bendis has been off his game for several issues now. Mus be the crossover blues.
- FF #2: FF is just Allred with me!
- Indestructible Hulk #2: Hoping the first half of #1 is the whole of #2.
Now, No, But Later…?
- Avengers #2: Will thumb through it first. Odds, however, are good.
- Avengers Arena #2: Guilty pleasure of the week. No, really.
- Thunderbolts #2: Once again: it’ll have to pass the Elektra test.
- Captain America #2: It’s tough for me to just say no. I mean, it’s Cap.
Yeesh! That’s one big week! If the pages turn right, could be the best big week in a while.
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?