I swear I do not work for the comic book industry. I just buy a lot of comics.
This week, I’m proud to say, I stuck to the script.
- Mind MGMT #12 (Read it! Another book of revelations. Top notch all the way around.)
- Fatale #15 (Read it! Really, really great.)
- The Massive #13 (Read it! Solid enough. Suffers a bit from being a part of such a massive week of books.)
- Uncanny #1 (Read it! A decent first issue from Andy Diggle. If I’m measuring it against recent new releases, I’d have to say it’s better than Sex and pretty much on the level of Lost Vegas.)
- Lazarus #1 (Read it! I loved it.)
- Hawkeye #11 (Have to wait until I get through Vol.2.)
- Jupiter’s Legacy #2 (Read it! Didn’t like the first one. Figured I’d try the second, you know, just in case. Yeah…no. There’s plenty of potential here, but it’s not pieced together well at all.)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23 (Read it! Liked it more than I thought I would. Count me in for the next one.)
- Adventures of Superman #2 (Read it! Good stuff. Not as otherworldly as #1, though.)
- X-O Manowar #14 (Read it! What a way to end the arc!)
Not quite done yet…
- Clone #8 (Read it! Outlandish? Of course. Worth the price of admission? Of course!)
- FF #8 (Read it! As fun as ever.)
- Justice League of America #5 (Read it! Yeah, I don’t know. I think I want to like it more than I actually like it. I’m not too sure what that means going forward.)
- Batman/Superman #1 (Read it! A lot of things to like about this–including the Morrison-esque second half.)
- Fury: My War Gone By #13 (Read it! What a way to wrap things up! Sad to see it go.)
Are we there yet Papa Smurf?
- X-Men #2 (Read it! There’s something recognizable about the story and the storytelling. Recognizable in a good way. Seems like Wood’s brought some X-sense to the X-verse.)
- Uncanny X-Men #7 (Read it! Surprisingly effective–if only in the way Bendis and Irving polish off the Limbo line.)
- All-New X-Men #13 (Read it! OK.)
- Daredevil #27 (Read it! Some good things. I’d be lying if I said I was completely satisfied with it.)
And last and more than likely least:
- The Wake #2 (Read it! Better than #1. That’s not saying much. I may not pick up #3. It’ll probably be a comic day decision. A sad statement considering.)
Good thing I don’t have anything else to do.
Turning pages–more than four hundred of ’em,