Adventures of Superman, All-New X-Men, Andy Diggle, Batman/Superman, Brian Michael Bendis, Brian Wood, Bullseye, Cary Nord, Chris Samnee, Clone, Daredevil, David Aja, DC Comics, Dynamite, Ed Brubaker, Fatale, FF, Frank Quitely, Frazer Irving, Fury: My War Gone By, Garry Brown, Garth Ennis, Geoff Johns, Goran Parlov, Greg Pak, Greg Rucka, Hawkeye, IDW, Image, Jae Lee, Jupiter's Legacy, Justice League of America, Kevin Eastman, Lazarus, Mark Millar, Mark Waid, Mateus Santoluoco, Matt Fraction, Matt Kindt, Micahel Lark, Mike Allred, Mind MGMT, Robert Venditti, Scott Snyder, Sean Murphy, Sean Phillips, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Massive, The Wake, Uncanny, Uncanny X-Men, Valiant, X-Men, X-O Manowar
What a way to kick off summer break! How’s twenty books sound?
- The Massive #13 (Dark Horse): Garry Brown–the artist on the “Black Pacific” arc–is back, thank goodness. One of my favorite titles. So gloriously understated in the classic Wood style.
- Mind MGMT #12 (Dark Horse): Another one of my favorite titles for all the right reasons.
- Adventures of Superman #2 (DC): We loved the first issue. The first two stories–from Parker, Samnee, and Lemire–are more Superman than anything we’ve seen in the New 52 this side of a few magical Morrison moments.
- Batman/Superman #1 (DC): You got your Batman in my Superman. You got your Superman in my Batman. Yet another opportunity for DC to get these heroes right. First indication it may work: Scott Snyder’s not involved. Second: Jae Lee is.
- Justice League of America #5 (DC): At this point, it’s one issue at a time. The Catwoman cliffhanger caught me. Go figure.
- The Wake #2 (DC/Vertigo): Not excited about this in the least. I’d like to think that this issue will change that.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23 (IDW): A comic-day decision. Only bought the last one to support an I&N favorite Mateus Santoluoco. The art was great, but the book as a whole didn’t grab me.
- Clone #8 (Image): Still doing its thing–it’s oft outlandish thing.
- Fatale #15 (Image): Another top title. After a terrific series of one-shots, It’s time for a new arc. Expecting nothing but brilliance from Brubaker and Phillips.
- Lazarus #1 (Image): Lots of hype leading up to this one from Greg Rucka and Michael Lark. You’d have to be dead to have missed it. Don’t worry: odds are good this book’ll bring you back to life. I am stoked!
- Jupiter’s Legacy #2 (Image): Derek’ll let me have it for even considering it. Sure, we hated the first one; but sometimes it takes two, you know? I’ll definitely flip through it.
- All-New X-Men #13 (Marvel): I’ve liked some things Bendis has done. I’ve hated others. Still waiting to love it, though–and gosh do I want to. Maybe the crossover that’s comin’…
- FF #8 (Marvel): I really enjoyed last issue. And to think I almost called it quits after a pretty terrible #6. Just missed being in our Top 5 for May!
- Fury: My War Gone By #13 (Marvel): A great week of books gets even better with the finale of Ennis and Parlov’s hard-edged history lesson. Gonna be very sad to see it go, though–especially because its passing means a little less Ennis.
- Daredevil #27 (Marvel): I think we can all agree that the return of Bullseye was a given from the get-go. The nature of his return, however? Not as expected. Yeah, I think Waid really nailed it. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.
- Uncanny X-Men #7 (Marvel): As disappointing a diversion as I could imagine. Dormammu? No thank you. And still I buy.
- X-Men #2 (Marvel): More Wood! #1 worked itself out well enough. Certainly earned another go-round.
- Hawkeye #11 (Marvel): Yup: I’m jumpin’ on the monthly bandwagon. Sure, I can’t crack it open until after I get and read Vol. 2; but it’s all–not just a fraction–good. Hey, Derek! Quit being such a hater! Try Vol. 1 already!
- Uncanny #1 (Dynamite): Haven’t necessarily cared for what I’ve seen from Diggle of late. (Snapshot was only OK, and his only full issue on Action wasn’t very good.). But I’m willing to give this a try.
- X-O Manowar #14 (Valiant): Last issue was definitely a step up.
What are you looking forward to this week?