Barry Kitson, Batwoman, Bloodshot, Brian Azzarello, Brian Michael Bendis, Cary Nord, Cullen Bunn, Dark Horse, Dave Stewart, David Marquez, DC Comics, Dream Thief, Duane Swierczynski, Ed Brubaker, Fatale, FF, Helheim, J.H. Williams III, Marvel, Matt Fraction, Mike Allred, Oni Press, Robert Venditti, Sean Phillips, Trevor McCarthy, Ultimate Spider-Man, Valiant, W. Haden Blackman, Wonder Woman, X-O Manowar
Breaking up is hard to do. I blame the flip.
Flip flarn flip.
Inspector Bag It
- Helheim #3 (Not as immediately engaging as The Sixth Gun; not as immediately dismissible as Ultimate Wolverine. Willing to leave this Bunn in the oven a while longer.)
- Ultimate Spider-Man #23 (Read it. Like it lots, especially the dance that is Bendis’s dialogue. Lots of questions, though–but not about the final splash: I’ve always been a fan of those two!)
- Batwoman #20 (Read it. Not sure why I’m so taken by this title–and the preposterous mission that Batwoman’s been given going forward. After twenty issues, however, it’s pretty clear: this is the second most consistently effective Bat book–after Morrison’s Batman Incorporated, of course. Must be Williams III’s writing!)
- Dream Thief #1 (Quick flip: seems like it’ll be an interesting enough experience. Hope it reads that way.)
- Fatale #14 (Feels like it’s been gone forever. But it’s here now, and I’m damn excited about it. I mean, what’s not to like: a Nazi-Lovecraft mash-up and Josephine to hold my hand as we make our way through the carnage.)
- X-O Manowar #13 (Looks more polished than the last issue.)
- Bloodshot #11 (Not particularly drawn to Kitson’s work here.)
- FF #7 (Read it. Had initially chosen to pass it up. #6 was a disaster–one that reminded me of the frivolous nature of this title. Seeing Allred’s name back on the cover of the book was enough to inspire me to pick it up; and that was all it took: the first two pages–with more than a fraction of hilarity–sold me on it. Good thing, too: what a fun issue!)
- Wonder Woman #20 (Read it. To do so, had to buy it, right? Yeah: even though I was trying to steel myself against it, I ended up with it anyway; and wouldn’t you know, it was pretty good–much better than the last few issues. May have delightfully doomed myself to another month’s worth.)
What did you get this week?