OK. So, this is it: the sprint I’ve been training for.
- Fatale #14 (Image): Did you notice: Fatale didn’t make our Top 5 Books of April? Yeah: that’s because it didn’t come out in April! Can’t imagine it won’t make the cut for May. A one-shot, sure–and, indeed, the last; but these boys–the brilliant Brubaker, Phillips, and Stewart–are going into it with a loaded drum mag.
- Ultimate Spider-Man #23 (Marvel): Is this series–this spectacular character–being cheapened by its borrowing too much from Peter Parker’s story?
- X-O Manowar #13 (Valiant): #12 wasn’t very good.
- Bloodshot #11 (Valiant): In fact, the weakest Valiant week since the relaunch was last month’s X-O and Bloodshot. The stories sort of stood in place. The underwhelming art from Cary Nord and Barry Kitson–and their respective finishing crews–didn’t help any, that’s for sure. Let’s hope we’re pedal to the metal with this week’s offerings.
- Helheim #3 (Oni Press): New to the ol’ pull-list; but it seems the only way I can guarantee that I’ll leave the shop with a copy.
- Dream Thief #1 (Dark Horse): Here’s hoping that this Dark Horse mini doesn’t end up like the recently wrapped up Colder. What a hot mess!
- Batwoman #20 (DC): How the flighty have fallen! Once a pull-list darling, Batwoman is now, sadly, a comic-day decision. Yes, I am aware: J.H. Williams is still writing.
Where’s Nancy When You Need Her?
- Wonder Woman #20 (DC): Not too sure if I’ll be able to say No when the time comes. I want to be able to make a clean break, just like I did with Swamp Thing and Action; I really do! I know how it’ll go down: I’ll pick it up after collecting the others and I’ll be like, Geez. Only seven books? Another won’t break me. I mean, it’s only three bucks, for goodness sake, so…
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?