Two stops at two shops in an hour webbed me a sticky stack. Yeah, it’s true, believers: I can’t just say, “No.” Sorry, Nancy.
- Action Comics #16 (“The Second Death of Superman,” eh? You know what? I’m going to forgive him the title. For now, anyway–until I realize I have to praise him for it, of course.)
- Animal Man #16 (Thumbed through. We’ll see.)
- Dial H #8 (David Lapham had a surprisingly solid turn. Alberto Ponticelli brings something a smidgen more malleable to the page. His style is closer to that of original artist Mateus Santolouco, but isn’t quite there–yet.)
- Secret Service #5 (Just one more to go.)
- Swamp Thing #16 (More wild layouts! Panels de Paquette! Flip-Through Challenge: The Green vs. The Red: Round 1: The Green!)
- The Superior Spider-Man #1 (Yeah, like everyone else. Stupid if I didn’t–because Slott’s transition into NOW! was nothing short of amazing.)
- Avengers Arena #3 (I wonder how long the clever cover cavalcade will continue. I wonder how long I will continue to buy this book.)
- Thunderbolts #3 (Maybe if my brain were as big as the Leader’s I would’ve left this one on the counter. But Elektra is tied up, so…)
- Change #2 (Well, one thing didn’t change, that’s for sure: it’s still weird. The cover: appropriate; a few flips and I felt like I had popped some pills.)
- Shadowman #3 (I had forgotten about this one. Hmm. Maybe for good reason. Gotta admit, though: Zircher’s doing some good work here.)
- TMNT: The Secret History of the Foot Clan #1 (Showin’ some loyalty to a Dial H alum: Mateus Santolouco tries his hand at the Turtles, and I’m buyin’ it.)
That’s some pile. Time to dig in.
What did you get in your bag today?