Action Comics, Adam Kubert, Animal Man, AvX, Brian Azzarello, Brian Michael Bendis, China Mieville, Daredevil: End of Days, David Mack, David Mazzucchelli, Dial H, Ed Brubaker, Fatale, Grant Morrison, Jason Aaron, Jeff Lemire, Klaus Janson, Lee Bermejo, Mateus Santoluoco, Rorschach, Scott Snyder, Sean Phillips, Steve Pugh, Swamp Thing, Travel Foreman, Yanick Paquette
This may be the first week where I left the store with everything I expected to leave with. That’s right: if you’ve been keeping up, you know that means my bones and my skin were overridden.
- Action Comics #13 (I hope this isn’t just a mini-vacation for Travel Foreman. Looks gorgeous.)
- Animal Man #13 (What the heck happened to Hawkman? Holy crap! Does this mean Rob Liefeld is the avatar of the Rot?)
- Swamp Thing #13 (The layouts look lovely.)
- Dial H #5 (Cock-a-Hoop? I gotta get me some of whatever Mieville’s taking.)
By the way: Hate–absolutely HATE!–the Arrow banner that cuts across the covers.
- Daredevil: End of Days #1 (I can’t imagine a reality in which I won’t like this.)
On a Short Leash
- Fatale #8 (Needs to pick it up a bit–with a new twist or something; otherwise, it might get pulled off the pull-list.)
Shruggin’ So Hard I Pulled a Trap
- Rorschach #2 (Might be an improvement over #1. Might.)
- AvX #12 (The Architects might’ve saved the best for la— Sorry. I can’t keep a straight face. And that always prevents me from typing the word la— Darn it. Still soooo not straight.)
I’d say I can’t wait to get into ’em, but I am waiting–against my will, sure; but I’m waiting, nevertheless. Hmm. Maybe by using all this wait, maybe I’m losing wait. I wonder what’ll happen when I lose it all. No: I know: I’ll be terribly intolerable, which means I won’t have to go and buy new pants–’cause the old ones’ll fit just fine.
What did you get in your bag?