Action Comics, Batwoman, Bedlam, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brian Michael Bendis, Brian Posehn, Butch Juice, China Mieville, Chris Samnee, Colder, Cully Hamner, Daredevil: End of Days, Darick Robertson, Dark Horse, Dave Lapham, David Mack, David Marquez, DC Comics, Deadpool, Dial H, Ed Brubaker, Fatale, Frazer Irving, Gerry Duggan, Grant Morrison, Happy, IDW, Image, J.H. Williams III, Jason Aaron, Jeff Lemire, Juan Ferreyra, Justice League Dark, Justin Jordan, Klaus Janson, Mark Waid, Marvel, Marvel NOW!, Mikel Janin, Nick Bradshaw, Nick Spencer, Patrick Zircher, Paul Tobin, Rags Morales, Riley Rossmo, Scott Snyder, Scott Tuft, Sean Phillips, Shadowman, Sholly Fisch, Steve Pugh, Swamp Thing, The Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom, Tony Moore, Ultimate Spider-Man, W. Haden Blackman, Winter Soldier, Wolverine and the X-Men, Yanick Paquette
Two of the biggest weeks in a while collided–as a result of Super Storm Sandy–and blew up into a Super Bag, which I call Candy, ’cause this haul is pretty sweet.
I’m going to keep it simple so I can get to reading. I pray you’ll understand.
A Little Heavy Reading
- Colder #1 (This book looks hot! No, really: it starts off with a fire, for goodness sake.)
- Winter Soldier #12
- Ultimate Spider-Man #16.1 (What’s the point, Mr. Bendis? I mean, really.)
- Swamp Thing #14 (Flipped through. Some far-out layouts.)
- Swamp Thing Annual #1 (Bogged down by Swampy, but in a good way–I think.)
- Animal Man #14
- Dial H #6 (Very different look on the book thanks to Dave Lapham. I wonder if I’ll be so free with my thanks after reading it.)
- Deadpool #1 (Shh. Don’t tell DerekNerd.)
- Batwoman #13 (A reorder. A beautiful reorder.)
- Fatale #9
- Bedlam #1 (Not high on Nick Spencer, but figured why not? I’ve come to learn from some why they did not, from others why they shouldn’t’ve. I’ve also read a Tweet or two celebrating it. We’ll see.)
- Happy #2 (There’s potential here: potential for really good or for really awful. I’m not sure Grant Morrison’s allowed this book any middle ground.)
- The Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #3 (I don’t care what you’re holding. This pair–Waid and Samnee–beats it.)
- Wolverine and the X-Men #19 (The mutant of all the mutant books: it’s actually good.)
- Action Comics #14 (Hoping for another perfect moment. Not expecting. Just hoping.)
- Shadowman #1 (Are you down with the Zirch? I am.)
- Daredevil: End of Days #2 (We’re still at the beginning of the End, so I guess it’s OK that I’m not too sure what’s going on.)
- Justice League Dark Annual #1 (Oooh, Frankenstein! Back in Jeff Lemire’s hands! Now I really want to see how this war plays itself out!)
- Action Comics Annual #1 (Oooh, Sholly Fisch. Not Grant Morrison. Yeah, looks like I used up all my exclamation points on the last entry.)
What did you get in your bag?
You know what? You probably didn’t get anything in your bag. Why? Because I got it all. By God, I got it all.
Turning pages–lots and lots of pages,