My smallest week of books in a long time. To celebrate, I’m embracing brevity.
And a Dark & Stormy.
- Neverboy #6 (Dark Horse): Never quite lived up to its promise. Feel compelled to see it through to the end, however.
- Airboy #3 (Image): I&N Demand What is the most remarkable thing about Airboy thus far? James Robinson’s pen is. Wow. Who knew? (Thanks to Greg Hinkle, now we all know!)
- We Stand On Guard #2 (Image): Oh, BKV, I stand on guard for thee. No free pass here.
- The Wicked + The Divine #13 (Image): I&N Demand Has been godly in execution from the get-go.
- The Bunker #13 (Oni): Should’ve jumped off after #11. Should’ve learned from my experience with Sheltered.
- Blackcross #5 (Dynamite): If it weren’t Ellis, I’d be long gone.
- The Spire #2 (BOOM!): Loved Spurrier and Stokely’s Six-Gun Gorilla. The Spire #1 broke my heart a bit: neither the writing nor the art lived up to expectations. Hope #2 isn’t a real #2.
- War Stories #11 (Avatar): I&N Demand Erin go kick some Nazi ass. A clever follow up to “The Last German Winter”–it’s an Irish spring!
What are you looking forward to this week?
Turning pages–with another Dark & Stormy,