Linda Loman’s line ” Life is a casting off” comes to mind with the death of another school year. As my seniors take flight, I’ll be left in the nest–for another nineteen years of fated school years and of casting off–kids and tears.
Thank goodness I’ve got some comics to look forward to!
- Harrow County #2 (Dark Horse)
- Rebels #3 (Dark Horse)
- Section 8 #1 (DC): I&N Demand Ennis and McCrea having a go Hitman-style? Hell yes!
- Injection #2 (Image)
- Nameless #4 (Image)
- Saga #29 (Image)
- Starve #1 (Image): Just I&N This book was as inevitable, wasn’t it? It’s Knife Fight–Ilan Hall’s televised foodie fight club–on steroids! That’s right: it’s not your–or the Chairman’s–uncle’s Iron Chef. “Allez [effing] cuisine,” indeed! It’s a chef of a different mettle entirely. It’s Brian Wood’s most massively anticipated new release, if only for the crazy recipe he’s cooked up with The Massive collaborator Danijel Zezelj.
- Silver Surfer #12 (Marvel) I&N Demand No comic has ever had as many twists and turns as the cosmically courageous Silver Surfer #11. Truly a perfect ride from Slott and Allred. No reason to expect anything less here. The cover does, in fact, look half Radd.
- Crossed +100 #5 (Avatar)
- Death Sentence: London #1 (Titan) I&N Demand Montynero’s my hero, dammit! The first go-round with Death Sentence made me a fan for life! The book had that Brit bite that’s always a bloody delight. Can’t wait to see what he’s got in store for The Smoke.
- The Disciples #1 (Black Mask) I&N Demand Black Mask is making black magic, boys and girls–and it seems that everyone’s kind of figured that out. Their books are flying off of the shelves quickly, in many cases, leaving our man Derek without–and he goes to Midtown Comics Times Square, for goodness sake! Better grab this one if you see it: the Black Masker himself, Steve Niles, along with Christopher Mitten, deliver what’s billed as a “ghost story in space”; so, yeah: grab one for yourself and one for a friend–you know, the one who probably won’t make it out to the shop until five o’clock. Don’t want him to be punished for his procrastination–or for his taking care of stupid responsibilities, like finishing up his work or picking up his kids.
- Hit: 1957 #3 (BOOM!)
- Rachel Rising #34 (Abstract Studio)
- We Can Never Go Home #3 (Black Mask): I&N Demand For some it’s more like We Can Never Find This Damn Book. I understand your frustration. OK, no I don’t. I haven’t missed one yet. And if you have, let me tell you: you’re really missing out if you’ve missed out. True, true: we’re only through two, but what a two it’s been. It’s Lucas meets Bonnie and Clyde with a side of superpowers, which makes things undeniably interesting–and which makes this book a must buy. You should never go home from the comic shop without it.
Avery’s Pick of the Week
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #31 (IDW)
What are you looking forward to this week?