Go ahead: blink a few times; yeah, rub your eyes. Ain’t gonna change the fact that there are only six books on the big list this week.
- Velvet #8 (Image): I had thought about dropping out, but #7 drew me back into the fold–back into Brubaker and Epting’s heaven of high-stakes espionage. Color my faith restored in the spy gods.
- Tooth & Claw #1 (Image): Kurt Busiek’s so very good at what he does. Sure, Astro City often reads like a PSA, but it reads exceedingly well. I mean, what fanboy doesn’t need a little sensitivity training with his Wednesday fix?
- Men of Wrath #2 (Image): #1 wasn’t bad. Started off with a bang, that’s for sure. Aaron’s voice is unmistakable, though it’s drowned out a bit by Southern Bastards, which is hitting some seriously high notes of late.
- Miracleman #13 (Marvel): I want Moore! So much Moore! As I’ve mentioned in the past: this’ll be the best book of the week; it won’t even be close.
- Cloaks #3 (BOOM!): Second one wasn’t as good as the first. Might as well stick it out. There’s really no reason not to.
- The Sixth Gun #44 (Oni Press): Stocking up my issues of The Sixth Gun like any survivalist would stock up ammo. Sad thing is, this Gun’s gonna run out of bullets sooner than later. That’s probably why I’m in no rush to read ’em.
Wow. Maybe–just maybe–I’ll find some time to write something.
What are you looking forward to this week?