Alberto Ponticelli, Avatar, Batman Incorporated, Ben Templesmith, BOOM!, Canaan White, Carlos Magno, China Mieville, Chris Burnham, Dan Green, Daredevil: Dark Nights, Dark Horse, DC, Dean Motter, Deathmatch, Dial H, Emily and the Strangers, Grant Morrison, Howard Chaykin, Image, J. Michael Straczynski, Justin Jordan, Kieron Gillen, Lee Loughridge, Lee Weeks, Marvel, Matt Fraction, Mister X: Eviction, Neil Edwards, Paul Jenkins, Roberto De La Torre, Satellite Sam, Shadowman, Ten Grand, Uber, Valiant
Stuck to the script: showed love to the list and said ciao to Green Arrow and Suicide Risk.
I’m getting better at good buys.
- Deathmatch #7 (Read it! As I mentioned: it’s no longer a guilty pleasure: it’s a solid book that borrows often–and well–to its own end. Without being obnoxious about it, Jenkins reveals what he needs to and teases what he wants to. Sounds easy, but it’s not.)
- Dial H #14 (The end is closer and, as a result, much more real–especially now that we’re an issue away from hanging up on Mieville, Ponicelli, and Green for good.)
- Shadowman#8 (Read it! Pretty much an issue’s worth of set up. Roberto De La Torre’s work–his deathly dark Deadside–is the highlight here.)
- Ten Grand #3 (Hoping that this one’ll win me over.)
- Satellite Sam #1 (Looks like a book that I should like, mostly because of Howard Chaykin’s terrific black and white work. We’ll see.)
- Emily and the Strangers #3 (Striking the final chord.)
- Mister X: Eviction #3 (Quick flip: yeah, I think we have our book of the year.)
- Batman Incorporated #12 (Read it! No one can rush his way to the end like Grant Morrison. He’s so damn good.)
- Daredevil: Dark Nights #2 (Read it! Much better than I expected it to be. Lee Weeks and Lee Loughridge push Daredevil to his limits and bring an certain elegance to his exertion–even on page 6, a snow-blind splash where DD is but a red speck on a bluish-white background.)
- Uber #3 (Read it! Glad I gave Gillen another chance. For one, his Hitler is effing crazy! I’m definitely sticking around for more.)
What did you get in your bag?