Action Comics, Alberto Ponticelli, All-New X-Men, Andy Diggle, Animal Man, Bill Sienkiewicz, BOOM!, Brian Michael Bendis, China Mieville, Colder, Craig Cermak, Daredevil: End of Days, Dark Horse, David Mack, David Marquez, DC Comics, Dia De Los Muertos, Dial H, Dynamite, Fairy Quest, Garth Ennis, Grant Morrison, Green Arrow, Harbinger, Humberto Ramos, Image, Jason Latour, Jeff Lemire, Jock, Joshua Dysart, Juan Ferreyra, Justin Jordan, Klaus Janson, Marvel, Mico Suayan, Nic Klein, Patrick Zircher, Paul Jenkins, Paul Tobin, Rags Morales, Red Team, Riley Rossmo, Sara Pichelli, Scott Snyder, Shadowman, Snapshot, Steve Pugh, Swamp Thing, Ultimate Spider-Man, Valiant, Winter Soldier, Yanick Paquette
“What’s up?” you ask? Yeah. It’s more like what isn’t up. Keeeeey-riced! Check it:
Crisis of Definite Comics
- Action Comics #17 (DC): Promises to be epic. Either way, Morrison’s last will be mine as well.
- Animal Man #17 (DC): Wondering where this is going to go after Rotworld.
- Dial H #9 (DC): Didn’t kick off 2013 the way it stomped through 2012. Expectations are still dialed up pretty high–and maybe that’s the problem.
- Green Arrow #17 (DC): Lemire’s run begins. Will it be a bull’s eye or another quivering misfire?
- Swamp Thing #17 (DC): Not caring where this is going to go after Rotworld. As with Morrison’s Action, Snyder’s last will be mine as well.
- Daredevil: End of Days #5 (Marvel): #4 was really good. In fact, halfway through, this mini has been surprisingly effective.
- Ultimate Spider-Man #20 (Marvel): Venom? Gag–unless he’s going to be used in an unexpected manner, which is totally possible. Bendis has earned a long leash– even with a poisonous character like the toxic tongue wagger himself.
- Harbinger #0 (Valiant): Great stuff. So great, in fact, that I’m not worried about a zero diversion. Not in the least.
- Shadowman #4 (Valiant): Didn’t expect to get this far with it.
- Snapshot #1 (Image): Looks interesting enough. Don’t have much experience with Diggle. I’m jumping on because of Jock, who has been doing some transcendent work on the Batman back-ups, or extensions, or whatever they are.
- Garth Ennis’ Red Team #1 (Dynamite): Ennis is so hot right now he’s impossible to pass up.
- Colder #4 (Dark Horse): Started off so well. Unfortunately, has fallen faster than Declan’s body temperature.
- Fairy Quest #1 (BOOM!): Jenkins and Ramos? Come on: definitely worth a shot.
Is This a Comic Which I See Before Me?
- All-New X-Men #7 (Marvel): Mainly because of Marquez. Also because I’m an idiot.
- Winter Soldier #15 (Marvel): Brubaker’s take is THE take, no doubt. But why not try someone else’s take for at least an issue or two? Can’t be worse than Remender’s Captain America for goodness sake.
- Dia De Los Muertos #1 (Image): I’ll give it a quick flip. Rossmo’s certainly worth a maybe.
I wonder if I’ll be able to buy some time, too; I’m gonna need it. Yow-to-the-za!
What are you looking forward to? Anything else I should keep an eye out for?