I can’t be the only one who feels like January has done its best Mr. Fantastic impression. Sheesh! Last week’s pile was a monster but in the end didn’t impress much. If you’re wondering, Derek and I will cover just a few of the remarkable issues from that super-sized stack in a soon-to-be released Back and Forth. This week, however, came in at a much more humble height.
Bag of Tricks
- Deathmatch #2 (Went with Cover C by Trevor Harisine just ’cause it was there. Opens up well enough and looks like Jenkins and Magno are continuing their steady march toward madness. What does your bracket look like?)
- Mara #2 (A-Rod, Ray Lewis–and Mara?)
- Emily and the Strangers #1 (Recommended by Travis, a recent commenter. Bought it instead of Avengers #4. Looks fun!)
- The Superior Spider-Man #2 (Still don’t care for Stegman’s art. Still not over the debacle that was the end of #1. I have a sneaky suspicion that it’s going to taint my experience–that I’ll dislike this issue no matter what goes down.)
Question: Which Book from Last Week Did I Decide to Pick Up?
- The Answer #1 (Derek was super convincing.)
Gotta Wait For
- Justice League Dark #16
- Nowhere Men #3
Might not get to read any tonight; I’ve still got a thing or two to write. Darned priorities.
What did you get in your bag today?
Turning pages Writing paragraphs,