Alberto Ponticelli, Archer & Armstrong, Batman, Bloodshot, Chris Samnee, Comeback, Daredevil, DC Comics, Duane Swierczynski, Ed Brisson, Emanuela Lupacchino, Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Fred Van Lente, Greg Capullo, Image, Indestructible Hulk, Leinil Francis Yu, Mark Waid, Marvel, Matt Kindt, Matthew Clark, Michael Walsh, Scott Snyder, Valiant
Not a big week; not a small week; but certainly a solid week; and I’ll take a solid week any day of the week–well, on Wednesday, mostly, unless, of course, I can’t shop hop; and then it is, quite literally, any day of the week–well, in this particular scenario, any day other than Wednesday. I hope to snag:
- Batman #16: Nowadays, I feel like I’m picking up Batman because, you know, I’m supposed to: because it’s Snyder, mostly. Believe me: I don’t want to cave in; I don’t want to drop it. I mean, it’d be a Batshame if I weren’t picking up a montly Batbook, right? But this arc ain’t grabbing me the same way The Court of Owls did–until the broken wing of an ending, that is.
- Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #16: The “final issue finale.” Typing about effing shames: this is a terrible loss: a our #6 book of 2012 tossed to the garbage pile, crushed by the Third Wave! I guess we’ll be seeing the grandiloquent greenie as a regular over on JLD. Better than nothing. As far as Kindt’s concerned: sucks to lose out on another opportunity to enjoy his work; but there’s always the brilliant Mind MGMT (our #3 book of 2012, by the way), which is back next week, thank goodness.
- Comeback #3: So far, so good. Good thing, maybe, it’s not going too far.
- Daredevil #22: The Superior Spider-Man makes a visit to Hell’s Kitchen. As long as Peter keeps to himself, I’m willing to get into the swing.
- Indestructible Hulk #3: I like what Waid’s doing here. Heck, I like what Waid’s doing everywhere!
- Archer & Armstrong #6: Big week for fellas named Armstrong, eh?
- Bloodshot #7: This book’s been really good of late. Kudos to Swierczynski, who’s killing it.
No plans to hit the rack this week.
Oh, yeah: Derek threatened to ban me from the blog if I pick up Captain America #3. So, keep an eye out: if you don’t see me for a while, it’s because I had enough money left over but not enough willpower to let that red, white, and blue nonsense lie.
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?