Looks like I’ve fallen into a pattern: if my research is correct, I’m due for another short stack. I guess it’s the result of my paring down my pull list and my limiting my off-list purchases; it’s my sticking to what I like and quitting what I don’t. See: I used to hold out hope for a title when I didn’t like a particular issue or a particularly uninspiring arc. I’d suffer–and spend–through crap only to end up with crap. But I sit here today to type to you: no more, friends; no more! Yes, I will try new things, but rest assured: if I’m buying a book on a regular basis, it’s a good one.
I’m always open to recommendations; in fact, I’m almost to the point where I’m desperate for them! So if you’re reading something that you think is good, let me know. I’ll give it a whirl, and then I’ll let you know what I think about it.
OK. With that out of the way, here are the books I’m looking forward to scoring tomorrow:
The Dream Team
- Rocketeer #1: Cargo of Doom: Waid and Samnee did a fantastic job goin’ all old school on DD, and, boom!, they’re right back to it with something seriously retro. I couldn’t give a flying fandango about the Rocketeer; this purchase is all about the hands behind it.
Spooks and Crooks Do Rhyme
- Justice League Dark #12: I’m under Lemire’s spell. It compels me to buy anything with his name on it. Apparently, it’s a difficult spell to master: it’s 22 pages long and it’s freakin’ good. He’s pretty well got it down; and I’m down with JLD.
- Super Crooks #4: It’s just Millar being Millar: a decent read clearly scripted for the big screen that isn’t overly concerned with punctuality.
Grant Me a Wish
- Batman, Inc. #3: I so want this to be quirky, violent fun. Like breakfast.
I’m Cranky. I Have Cramps. Must be JMS.
- Dr. Manhattan #1: Maybe Nite Owl sucks because Straczynski has been putting all his energy into this one. (I totally typed that with a straight face–but was cracking up on the inside.)
The Bottle Deposit Buy of the Week
- Flash #12: I’ve got the whole series so far, but I’ve lost interest. Why should I bother with this? Well, Manapul’s art and layouts have stood out; and if they do during a flip-through, I may as well drop some quarters on the counter.
My Digital Mistress
- Rachel Rising #10: Terry Moore is killing it, and I’m buying it–on Comixology. I’ve been behind a month because I’ve been waiting for the price to come down before buying it. I can’t wait anymore. Really, really good.
That’s what I should find in my bag. What about you?
What will be in your bag tomorrow?