You know you’re buyin’ a lot of comics every week when you tell your friends that this week’s a light week and when they ask you what’s light you say ten books and then add at least.
- Change #4 (Image): It was bound to happen, its being a four-issue limited series and all. So far, I’ve loved the poetically enigmatic narrative and the volatile visual storytelling, too. I’d like to see this crew–Kot, Jeske, and Leong–on a monthly, please. I’d buy it even if I couldn’t understand what was going on; in fact, I’d prefer if it!
- Nowhere Men #4 (Image): Solid stuff. Damn fine design.
- Archer & Armstrong #8 (Valiant): Smart, smart fun.
- Bloodshot #9 (Valiant): Gamma!
- Batman #18 (DC): Oh no: Harper Row. “Fan favorite”? WTF, indeed!
- Todd, the Ugliest Kid on Earth #3 (Image): It’s not easy for me to quit on a short series if I’ve gone halfway. I hope I can muster up the nerve to just say no tomorrow.
- Emily and the Strangers #2 (Dark Horse): Oh, why not?
- The Rocketeer: Hollywood Horror #2 (IDW): #1 was really good–no, it was better than that! A book with a perfect tone. Roger Langridge and J. Bone nailed it on both ends. One of the top Derekommendations thus far!
- Secret Avengers #2 (Marvel): Nick Spencer hooked me. Didn’t plan on it, that’s for sure. So, bring on Taskmaster–one of my faves, by the way.
- Uncanny X-Men #3 (Marvel): Ugh. (I know: it’s always Ugh–and still I buy. Sad.)
Can always rely on the Valiant books. But I’m really looking forward to one comic, in particular: The Rocketeer! Boy, have my tastes changed over the past year or so!
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?